Monday 29 July 2019

Some C64 stuff at Vammala Party 2019

I've not released anything for the Commodore 64 during this year, and I got to rectify this situation by making a couple of works for the Vammala Party demoparty:


A Small PET for Man (C64 PETSCII)


I don't usually base my images on photographs,  but in this case I did use more or less three different photographs as some kind of reference for the different picture elements. Especially the landing module.

I resisted the temptation of adding any 'moon hoax conspiracy' elements, that is getting really stale.


Fixertron (C64 Hires)


A sorts of sequel to Remote from last year, I heavily reworked an old work-in-progress image. During the process it got a character-graphics vibe, it could almost be done as a PETSCII.

This somewhat benefited from a new feature in (yet to be released) Multipaint, the quick mirroring of the whole page. As is well known, mirroring a drawing/painting/image can reveal mistakes that were not apparent from overt familiarity.


PET McKracken (C64 "demo" using PETSCII)


I discussed this triple-wide PETSCII already a while ago, but now it's available as a C64-running version. The landscape simply scrolls left and right, playing an atrocious rendition of the first few bars of the Zak theme.

Admittedly more could have been made to work it into a proper demo, however I was already struggling to get the pixel scrolling working.

That's it, nothing else, no hidden parts, no interactivity and no, I'm certainly not going to remake Zak as a PETSCII game. There might be a tiny chance I could work the technique into some other type of a game, though.

Other C64 Vammala party 2019 stuff at CSDb

No comments:

Post a Comment